Home security has been a concerning topic ever since. Nowadays, locking the doors and windows of your house may not be enough to make it secure. Despite the law in place, thieves still dare to break into our houses. Home security systems are thus becoming an integral part of our lives to give you more relief about your home’s safety.
Home security systems are also becoming more relevant due to the massive number of property crimes in the US. Another statistic is that almost one-fourth of the robberies take place during the day. Even if the rate of crimes has been declining steadily, it is still not completely safe to leave your home without any worries. So, it’s better to secure your home before anything happens. As they always say, “Prevention is better than cure.”
How To Secure Your House?
There are many ways to secure your house, but the most prevalent of them all are home security systems and CCTV cameras. Now, the one you want to install can depend on your preferences and budget. We will explore both options, and then you can choose what would work best for you.
Difference Between Home Security Systems And CCTV Systems
A security system contains devices with windows, doors, and environmental motion sensors which are connected to the hub, usually the phone. It then gives you a real-time update on the activities that take place inside or outside your house. Home security systems are also much more comprehensive, and professional monitoring can cost you more as a monthly fee. The expenses may be overwhelming, but the relief it provides will be priceless.
On the other hand, A closed-circuit television system (CCTV) is a simpler system for security. It is a camera network that provides a comprehensive view of the areas where you install the CCTV. It is a cheaper option that only takes the recording in video format and provides no advanced features. But you can still monitor the activities around your house throughout the day. Its application is more suited for surveilling the surroundings rather than adding security to your home. The footage of a CCTV is used more like evidence rather than an alarm.
Advantages Of A CCTV Camera System
There are many factors that make CCTV cameras a good choice for you. Let’s get you familiar with a few of them:
- A house with CCTV cameras can make trespassers wary. Even if they cannot prevent an action from taking place, they can certainly be a deterrent to criminal activities. Even if, by some chance, a thief does break in. It will be much easier to catch a criminal if there is video evidence that the prosecution can use in court. It is a good idea to install cameras inside and outside your home to cover most areas.
- CCTV camera systems are also cost-effective. Manned security is very costly and requires a lot of maintenance. Remote monitoring of CCTV is equivalent to having your own security guard. It is an excellent option to go for, which can provide 24-hour protection.
- We know that CCTV footage is used as evidence. This benefit can come in handy while handling disputes, as situations can get out of hand. It makes it easier to reach an agreement as the evidence makes the situation a lot clearer.
- It can also be very helpful in offices to monitor staff activities. The purpose of monitoring is to ensure the employees’ safety and security. Misconduct of employees and rule-abiding can also be factors that can lead to a business installing CCTV cameras.
- CCTV camera installation is subject to data protection and human rights law. That is why a business must comply with all the respective laws and ensure that there is no violation of the fundamental rights of the employees. However, you must ensure that the terms of the usage of CCTV monitoring are clear in the employment agreement. It will only ensure that there are no legal complications.
- CCTV cameras can also help you in reducing insurance premiums. It is due to their increased security to a certain premise. It is not much of a security benefit, but still a benefit.
Different Types Of CCTV Cameras; Where To Buy Them?
There are many types of CCTV cameras that are available in the market, and you can choose depending on your needs. You can also buy them from our New York store; contact us for any queries. There are plenty of options that you can choose from, and these are as follows:
High Quality, High-Resolution Color Camera
It is the Lorex CCTV camera with high-resolution pixels to capture visuals. It can cover a wide area, whether it is indoors or outdoors. There is also night vision to deliver clear video footage in low/poor lighting. It is best suited for homes, offices, and many public spaces.
Outdoor Color Night Vision Camera
This night vision camera gives you a complete overview of the space. It is best suited for outdoor visuals. Its function can make it work even in low and high temperatures. You can record Ultra HD videos, and it has Infrared vision when it gets dark outside.
High Performance, Day & Night Color Bullet Camera
This type of camera provides a complete hybrid solution to your home security. It can record videos in full HD. It comes with four security modes for different times of the day. You can easily switch from HD TVI to CVBS using only a button. A sturdy IP66 waterproof coating makes it suitable for outdoor use.
B&W Outdoor Camera With Infrared LEDs And Motion Sensors
It has powerful motion sensors for outdoor security and records the visuals in high resolution with a 5 MP lens installed in its front. There is also the feature of IR LEDs for enhanced night vision.
Mini Indoor B&W Dome Camera
As the name implies, it is a mini indoor camera with a powerful lens shaped like a dome. It can record Black and White footage in high resolution of up to 2560*1944 and has a smart IR that can capture visuals even in low light. It is easy to install and compatible with the latest DVR (Digital Video Recorder) technology.
High Performance, Day & Night Color Bullet Camera
It is a modern surveillance camera that can record videos in Ultra HD quality. Its distinguishable feature is its wireless connection, which can work on Wi-Fi. It comes with a rechargeable battery as well. The front can rotate and cover an ultra-wide angle and has 6 lenses to support the coverage. You can also access it remotely; its durability makes it more versatile.
Internet Surveillance Colour IP Camera
It is an advanced camera that is used for surveillance of suspicious activities. You can also use it wirelessly for using a Wi-Fi connection. There is no need for a local recording device.
Internet Surveillance- IP Dome Camera With Zoom Capabilities
This camera comes with advanced vision capabilities and a 5MP front lens. It has easy installation and is also dome-shaped. You can configure it easily with Wi-Fi, and it also has advanced features that are present in IP cameras. You can control the zooming power with easy settings. It can also be used as a baby monitor.
Black & White Indoor Camera With Infrared LEDs
It is a small, powerful camera that is good for indoor use and covers wide angles. There is a CMOS image sensor that can capture videos in HD. It also has 25 IR LEDs for clear night vision and is enabled automatically. It has a 5MP front lens which can record videos in full HD at different angles. There is also a B&W vision which uses the 4mm lens to cover a 90-degree view.
Home security is a big concern, and CCTV camera systems can help to a certain degree. There are various benefits to the installation of CCTV cameras in your homes. There are various types of CCTV cameras that are available, and you can choose according to your specific needs. Add that extra layer of security to provide you relief, and you can choose from the wide variety of available CCTV cameras available at our store. You can connect with us and check our website to learn more about our services.